Good Evening Pampa Parents, Students, and Community,
Tomorrow, we return from Spring Break---not at all the way we had envisioned we would do when we left only ten days ago. Despite the uncertainty, I am not afraid and know that we have so many blessings for which to be thankful in our schools and community. Tomorrow, Monday, March 23 our teachers will be reaching out to our students and families to connect, to ask about your needs, and to provide important information about food and device distribution and the distance learning plans. Remember that we will not begin official distance learning until March 30th. Here are some things we would like for you to consider this week as we focus on meeting needs and distributing tools and supplies:
- Set Up Your Space – It is so important to have a space for school. Have your kids help set up that space and decide where “school” is going to take place. It doesn’t have to be fancy (we’re using the kitchen table at the Larkin’s household).
- Decide on Your Schedule – We do not expect our students to have school from 8:00-3:35 like the traditional schedule. (and if you find it is taking that long – please reach out to us). We know you are juggling your own work schedules as well, so it may look like late afternoons and weekends for your families – but it is so important to set and keep some sort of schedule.
- Start Slow & Take Breaks – We have these built into our day and we’d encourage this for you as well. We have encouraged our teachers to not try to replicate a regular school day and we encourage you to do the same.
- Let Us Know Your Needs – Remember to be on the lookout for the phone call tomorrow. Our teaching staff is just an email away. Please don’t hesitate to reach out! These phone calls will be coming from Pampa ISD phone lines and from personal phone numbers. Please answer the calls. We want to ensure that every child and family is connected to at least one of our teachers and that you have the opportunity to ask questions. If you have questions that have not been answered yet, please let us know and submit them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Give Yourself Grace. This is an unprecedented time. There is so much angst – about everything (from the news to very real fears about financial security to calculating how long your current toilet paper supply will last). We’re all in this together and we’re so thankful for your willingness to help support each other.
Please know that our staff is working around the clock to prepare to meet the needs of our students and families and they are eager to talk to you. Also, know that our prayers and thoughts are with each of our students and their family as we work together through this unchartered journey. I am #PampaProud of our community and we thank you for your continued support, kind words of thanks, and encouragement that you have been sending our way.
Dr. Tanya Larkin, Superintendent
Visit the Pampa ISD Health Updates Page Health Updates
Published on 03/22/2020