Redirect is a behavior program designed to empower students to take responsibility for their own behaviors.
Students receive instructional/behavioral support in:
- Regular education classes
- Unstructured time
- Before and after school
The system is designed to:
- Keep students in their scheduled classes
- Address the student’s social or performance skill deficits
- Teach problem solving skills and replacement behaviors
- Provide the students with the skills to cope/deal with stressful or negative situations
- Build self esteem
- Provide students the opportunity to learn alongside their peers while practicing appropriate social skills
- Prepare students to function independently in society
Pampa ISD has a centrally located Elementary Redirect Program which is housed at Austin Elementary, a junior high Redirect Program, and a High School Redirect Program.